Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

On 25 Nov 2011 17:27:20 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 25 Nov 2011 13:43:28 GMT, Han wrote:

G. Morgan wrote in
:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

More energy has been expended by the naysayers here than it will
take to put the program in place. It is a bad as kids and homework.
They will complain for an hour about doing a 15 minute project.

Well, that settles it then. Do me a favor and whip up some code for
me if its only gonna take 15 minutes. I will pay you $100 USD for
the code. That's $400/hour; good money for you, and well spent for
me because I can't do it. You must know something I don't.

Still have not answered how to pay the states. I can't collect w/o
a permit. Do I have to visit every state and see the county clerk
for a DBA, then go to every state's comptroller too for the
sales/use permit?

I'm sure you have that worked out. Just tell me the procedure when
you deliver the code in an hour or so.

As I said elsewhere in this thread, I'd bet that zip+4 (which I
believe gets you down to the specific street) would be a good way to
base a database on.

Not good enough.

States would probably like to fund the database and solve
the remittance "problem".

Likely not, or it would have been done.

States don't move that fast ...

It won't happen. No incentive.