Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

On 25 Nov 2011 17:19:01 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 25 Nov 2011 12:48:56 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 24 Nov 2011 15:31:54 GMT, Han wrote:

Nancy Young email@replyto wrote in news:4ece5b8b$0$28478$a8266bb1
:

There is a line on my state's income tax form where you're
supposed to be reporting all of these out-of-state purchases and
cough up the sales tax you owe. I'm pretty sure most people
ignore it, besides, that would be a lot of purchases to keep track
of.

I believe most states will adjust that line if there is no evidence
to back up a zero amount. I know NY and NJ would.

How could they possibly adjust the amount on a form and still have a
form that can hold up in a fraud case? You would be requiring
people to sign a fraudulent document.

They'll send you a bill, or reduce your refund, because they've added
an amount to that atx line assuming hehehe that is the amount you
have spent out of state on use tax-subject stuff.

...and they know this how?

The State of New York knows everything, how else?

....and they'll peek under your knickers, if need be. I know, I lived there
for almost 20 years.

(pls insert graphic of choice).

Done.

How do you supply "evidence of a zero amount"? "OK, I have zero
evidence of the actual amount!"

You'll have to prove the amount NY has estimated is incorrect.

...not that I would put either past those two cesspools.

NY indeed stinks, and NJ isn't that much better. We do agree on the
politicians ...

NJ is only *slightly* better because your governor is *trying* to turn
it around. After Corizine, et. al., it's not going to happen, though.
NY and NJ will always be cesspools.

It may be that christie is doing something good, but the way he covers
that up makes it almost unrecognizable.

You (NY media) get a very different story than the rest of the country.