Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
G. Morgan[_9_] G. Morgan[_9_] is offline

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

wrote:

that is if you are lucky enough that there's still a shop to go to and
it hasn't
been closed because it didn't sell anything because every one bought
stuff online
to avoid the sales tax

And to save gas, time, and now that its holiday season..FRUSTRATION,
ANXIETY, and RAGE. I do not go anywhere near a mall or big-box
electronics joint this time of year. Hate it.

The 'Internets' and all the wonderful online stores have changed the way
I shop. Now when I need something I can research the hell out of
different TV's for example. Old way is going to a B&M store and
selecting from a very limited inventory. I can spec. a TV, find the
best price, and have it delivered to my door for free. Does Best Buy or
Wally-World deliver for free? Nope. I don't need to transport that huge
box and make sure the load is tied down. I don't have to handle the
cumbersome and heavy box until it arrives at my front doorstep.

At the end of the day, I got the *exact* TV I wanted because I didn't
have to pick from a limited inventory. I wasn't pressured by some
sleazy salesman that smells like garlic. I didn't 'settle' for what they
had, vs. what I really wanted. There were no crying babies and
cranked-up gangster rap playing on demo units. No fighting for a parking
space down the south 40, in the rain. No thank you, I do all my
shopping online now. Oh, did I mention its much cheaper this way too?
--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)