Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Carpet Cleaning business equipment/questions

I am seriously considering starting a small carpet cleaning business and I
am in the middle of doing research about it. Basically, I wouldn't be doing
the actual carpet cleaning myself. Instead, I would be funding and setting
up the business and I would own it, but I would be using a friend of mine to
do the actual work of taking the calls and doing the carpet cleaning. Once
it is set up, I only expect that he would be doing the carpet cleaning jobs
part time, maybe 1 job every couple of weeks in the beginning, and then
building up to possibly 1 or 2 jobs a week. Also, this would ONLY be a
carpet cleaning business -- not a cleaning business in general, and not a
fire restoration business etc. -- just a guy with carpet cleaning equipment
who cleans carpets.

One place I have gotten some ideas about how to get started is at
http://carpetcleaningentrepreneur.com/ and
http://familyunlimitedopp.com/90-day-action-plan . I don't know who this
website person, but he does seem to provide a lot of information. I also get
the feeling that he sells something ("How To" DVD's or website services or
something), but I don't see anything on any of his web pages that says what
he sells or how to buy it. So, maybe he is just providing free information
about how to start a carpet cleaning business.

I have a lot of questions, but one is from the videos that I saw. Is it
true that a good quality portable professional steam extraction carpet
cleaning machine is sufficient for a small carpet cleaning business and it
will do just as good (or almost as good) of a job as a truck mounted
machine?

Also, any other thoughts, suggestions, questions, or ideas about the carpet
cleaning business would be appreciated.

Thank you