Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

On 25 Nov 2011 13:43:28 GMT, Han wrote:

G. Morgan wrote in
:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

More energy has been expended by the naysayers here than it will take
to put the program in place. It is a bad as kids and homework. They
will complain for an hour about doing a 15 minute project.

Well, that settles it then. Do me a favor and whip up some code for me
if its only gonna take 15 minutes. I will pay you $100 USD for the
code. That's $400/hour; good money for you, and well spent for me
because I can't do it. You must know something I don't.

Still have not answered how to pay the states. I can't collect w/o a
permit. Do I have to visit every state and see the county clerk for a
DBA, then go to every state's comptroller too for the sales/use permit?

I'm sure you have that worked out. Just tell me the procedure when you
deliver the code in an hour or so.

As I said elsewhere in this thread, I'd bet that zip+4 (which I believe
gets you down to the specific street) would be a good way to base a
database on.

Not good enough.

States would probably like to fund the database and solve
the remittance "problem".

Likely not, or it would have been done.