Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for a more sensitive thermostat

Drywall around the furnace? I'd be thinkign lack of return
air flow.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Yes, I've seen all that too. House I was talking about
above
has one register in a hallway that you can see is not
connected
to a duct. And two registers that are virtually right
above the
furnace put out almost no air. Which is hard to diagnose
because
the idiot former owner had the basement drywalled. Never
saw
anything like it. Get this. They drywalled around the
furnace, hot
water heaters, etc. The guy must have been paid by the hour
or
something with all the cuts, dips, etc. You or I would just
put up a
utility room around the that area because it's useless
anyhow.