Posted to alt.home.repair
G. Morgan[_9_] G. Morgan[_9_] is offline

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I sense that the regulations will make it nearly impossible
for small business to survive. And raise the cost of doing
any kind of business. Of course, this may be the hidden
agenda from the beginning.

Well, half the country is employed or self-employed by small business.

If they want to fix this f*cked up economy, they need to make it EASIER
for people to start/run their own enterprise. With all the occupational
license fees, the states should be helping out their 'customers'; not
making more hoops to jump through.

I have to pay the state of Texas for the 'privilege' of operating
legally (~$700/year). I also have to collect sales tax for Texas.
You're right, if I had to do that in every state I would not have any
margin for profit.

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)