Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby[_3_] James Waldby[_3_] is offline

Default Tin Can Fire Pot version 0.1

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 06:04:17 -0800, Doug Goncz, CPS wrote:

Three "tin" cans of steel with adhesive and "tin" burned off in an oven.

[etc]
*Drill 12 holes around bottom of inner can.

[etc]
--This much has already been done. Today I am doing:

Cast wax into outer bottom of inner can, inner bottom of second can, and
outer bottom of second can.
Invest wax.
Cast pewter today, aluminum one day.
Mill square "pillar" between inner and second can, with clearance for...

[Peltier, Heat sink, fins etc]
Route wires to a tiny fan.
Fire it up and see it ... it runs forever, no batteries needed.

I have a Sierra Stove that uses only 1 AA cell in 18 hours. A small
Peltier device *just might do it*.

Are you talking about wood-burning camp stoves as in the Zip
Stoves/Turbo Stoves section of http://zenstoves.net/Wood.htm?
Or at http://www.schistory.net/campcroft/people/cooker.html?

Anyway, what will keep the pewter from melting, if it's
close to the heat?

Are you using a computer-cpu-cooling Peltier in reverse?
What kind of volts and amps do you get out of it at your
estimated operating temperature? Is weight not a concern?

--
jiw