Edwin Pawlowski

Default table saw surface

"Silvan" wrote in message
I've got a shiny new one myself. I don't have any of the above stuff, so
I'm using Johnson's paste wax on it. I also have a cheap box fan on LO,
pointing directly at it, and running 24/7 to keep the air moving and
discourage condensation.

So far so good, but only time will tell. Good luck to both of our saws.
I'm going to be a sad Silvan if this thing starts to rust.

Running 24/7 is a bit much. It is only during times of big temperature
change or humidity change that will make a difference. Or when you heat the
shop after it has sat for a cold week. .

If it ever does rust, Top Saver is fantastic for removal. I put Top Cote on
it after cleaning and it has been looking as good as when new. Tried wax,
but I did not have great results with it. Maybe I just did not have it on
heavy enough or often enough.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome