Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

On 11/24/2011 11:08 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Usually when you live in one town but have an address for the city next
to it, the town has a different zip code than the city. (That's my
circumstance as well.) It is very rare for cities large enough to
impose a sales tax to have the same zip codes as communities outside
that city's legal boundary.

Just along the border between Indy and Carmel/Fishers there are three
zips that cross the border (46240, 46256, 46055). Heck there is one zip
code that crosses Hancock, Hamilton, and Madison Counties. It isn't the
communities that count, it is the house that stuff is being delivered
to.

So it is a case of quantifying where the boundaries are. As I noted in
this thread even my states web site can tell someone which district they
are in based on street address even though those districts have nothing
to do with ZIP codes.