Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

G. Morgan wrote in
:

We don't have a state income tax in TX, but you can *deduct* itemized
sales tax paid from your federal return (or take the default amount).

I know, but we are talking about charging sales tax by (little) companies.
When the immunity from charging salestax to an out of state customer is
lifted, the companies (big or little) will need to know how much to charge
to Joe Bloe in East Overshoes in some other state, plus which agency to
remit that to. I was saying that a national database relying on zip+4
could probably do that fairly easily, and I'd say that most states would be
willing to fund that database.

--
Best regards
Han