Posted to alt.home.repair
G. Morgan[_9_] G. Morgan[_9_] is offline

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

Han wrote:

Nancy Young email@replyto wrote in news:4ecf9084$0$29320$a8266bb1
:

On 11/25/2011 7:48 AM, Han wrote:

Nancy Youngemail@replyto wrote in news:4ece5b8b$0$28478$a8266bb1
@newsreader.readnews.com:

NY indeed stinks, and NJ isn't that much better. We do agree on the
politicians ...

I don't know what you're talking about, really, NJ has never
adjusted the taxes I file by changing that line or any other.

nancy

NY would have if youentered zero
I've always entered a nonzero amount, accurate to the best of my ability,
on either, depending on where I lived.

We don't have a state income tax in TX, but you can *deduct* itemized
sales tax paid from your federal return (or take the default amount).

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)