Posted to alt.home.repair
G. Morgan[_9_] G. Morgan[_9_] is offline

Default The Land of the Free

HeyBub wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 07:43:32 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I'm guessing that the OWS folks are trying to provoke the
police to use force. Then, they (the OWS people) will claim
brutality.

They're already trying (laying under a cop's motorcycle, claiming to
have been run over). The cops have been doing a great job. Can't
say as much for the mayors but then, they're Democrats.

Latest estimate on this OWS business is $13 million in extra expenses, such
as de-lousing, rubber gloves, and TB vaccinations, for the various cities
involved.

"During the first two months of the nationwide Occupy protests, the movement
that is demanding more out of the wealthiest Americans cost local taxpayers
at least $13 million in police overtime and other municipal services,
according to a survey by The Associated Press."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...17cf82e14e39b1

You forgot the next paragraph:

"The heaviest financial burden has fallen upon law enforcement agencies
tasked with monitoring marches and evicting protesters from outdoor
camps. And the steepest costs by far piled up in New York City and
Oakland, Calif., where police clashed with protesters on several
occasions."

Nobody invited the cops, except the government. If the police did the
right thing, there would be no expensive 'clashes'. One dead baby due to
a cop firing non-lethal rounds at a pregnant woman (big threat she must
have posed); 80 y/o lady hosed down with 1% O/C (she was REALLY mean
looking I guess). The cops/mayors are in for a very rude wake-up if we
keep seeing pictures of them abusing their powers. People are ****ed-off
at the government on all levels; it won't take much to ignite an all out
Coup d'état at this pace and direction they are 'leading' us.

I think those elected officials and the police they oversee are in need
of a Constitutional refresher course. They keep forgetting who they work
for. One day, somewhere, the line will be crossed and the 'real'
American patriots will come out of the woodwork. It won't be pretty
either. Imagine if 'WE' (The People)came out in droves like the
****ed-off people in Egypt now, except 'WE' won't be throwing rocks and
sticks. Harris Co. has maybe ~ 15,000 police/sheriff/constable officers
and a population of 4 million. If the mainstream of citizens get fed up
and decide to occupy downtown Houston, there is no way to contain that.

IMHO, all politicians should be kissing up to "US" right now. Election
next year, high unemployment, and Congress can't even agree on cutting
1.2T from the budget over 10 years!

They are wanting to censor the Internet with this ****:
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/1...senators-speak

They let GE, and Big Oil pay no taxes. They are telling us what light
bulbs to use (not asking). We want our troops OUT of the God-forsaken
******** known as the Middle-East. Two days ago the Russian President
threatened to knock out our missile shield in Europe, its not front page
news because all the "Black Friday" shopping deals make for better news
ratings. Our currency is at risk of becoming worthless, 40% of every
dollar is debt. China steals I.P. and counterfeits everything from
t-shirts to computers, and even US currency. We do nothing, except buy
more crap from them! They were caught hacking into Google's databases
and government systems, yet our sock-puppet politicians look the other
way.

Yep, the people are ****ed and rightfully so. I encourage all Americans
to vote out ALL incumbents, regardless of party affiliation. The
two-party thing is a ruse, they are all the same. They have sought (and
succeeded) in dividing the populous over silly talking points. Many
people refuse to think for themselves and identify with one party or the
other. This keeps the powers that be very happy, because at the end of
the day there is no difference between the two. What they are scared of
the most are Independents, and a viable candidate that is not running
under Dem. or Rep. label.

Damn I wrote too much. Sorry for the long diatribe, but I'm venting!

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)