Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default PV System advert.

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 07:11:17 +0000
Chris J Dixon wrote:

Jim K wrote:

mmm as per Messrs Pilkington?
"The first stage of the cleaning process is "photocatalytic". In this
stage the coating reacts with daylight to break down organic dirt.

The second stage is "hydrophilic". Here, instead of forming droplets,
rainwater hits the glass and spreads evenly, running off in a "sheet"
and taking the loosened dirt with it, also drying quickly without
leaving streaks."

which I think means...you have to wait both for a sunny day (top
loosen the crud) AND til a rainy day before it washes any of the crud
off "itself"?

There is an installation near me where one of the panels is
directly beneath the TV aerial. Bird droppings were visible after
only a few days, so it will be interesting to see how it fares.

Chris

Assuming that the panels also re-radiate some of the heat, the birds
probably love that spot!
--
Davey.