Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Ping TNP re gridwatch

Martin Brown wrote:

Seems to work OK here. BTW Wind power output is pegged to the endstop
at 3.1GW and has been since 10am this morning. Maybe fsd should be
5.0GW

the meter won't get damaged from a very short and *very* occasional
overload :-)

Smiths industries knew how to make things that would last.
PS. I hope there is no radium on the dial pointers. :-)

Smiths industries have just supplied me with a 3.5GW meter.
Now installed.
There's lots of radium in the dials.

I believe in hormesis ;-)

:-)
I have held a piece of Trinitite glass (long after the event).

While I have your attention is there any chance of doing a more detailed
probe to determine the proportion of wind turbines that are actually
generating against the official total installed capacity.

I am convinced that some near me I pass regularly where 2 out of 3 are
feathered most days are installed to farm renewable grants rather than
wind and it would be very interesting to see. Even the best windfarms
seem to have at least 10% of turbines feathered at any one time.

I suspect certain wind farm players are not to put too fine a point on
it corrupt or at the very least gaming the system. Visibility of this
charade would do wonders for encouraging wind farms only to be built in
locations where the average wind speed is high enough to be worthwhile.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown