Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default How much to remove heating oil?

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 18:57:19 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

It was both filled AND removed without authorization and then a lien put
against the house for $1142 for pumping in, pumping out AND the cost of the
oil. The judge made the oil company eat the entire fee.

As they should have. Automatic fill usually required a contract and
often monthly budget payments. I did that for a number of years with
my old oil company until they screwed me.

I had a contract for 850 gallons at a fixed price that was in effect
until May 15. During the winter, they delivered about 750 gallons,
leaving another hundred come May. The *******s filled my tank on May
16 and charged full price, not the contracted price for the 100
gallons left on the contract that expired the day before.

It was legal, but I think unethical. After two phone calls and a
letter, they settled for the contracted price on the 100 gallons. It
was the last oil they ever sold me.

I've since installed a new, more efficient boiler and use about 450
gallons a year now.