Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Editing a pdf file ...

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 01:47:58 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

I've actually now managed to do the basic thing that I wanted. I ended up
very carefully zooming the image (that was hard to do precisely, as the zoom
bar wanted to 'snap' in 25% increments and didn't allow actual values to be
typed in) until the bits that I didn't want were off the top and bottom of
the screen, and the bit that I did want was centred. I then did a "print"
and then "current view". Finally, I used the "Tile large sheets" option with
the 'composite view' selected, and then used the print zoom to find the
point where it just jumped up to two pages, and left an even border around
the edge.

Reading between the lines, it appears that all you need is an
efficient way of extracting a JPG out of a PDF file. No big deal:
http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer
The PDF-Xchange Viewer includes a *free* PDF to JPG converter. I'm
usually lazy and just convert the entire document, which extracts a
large number of JPG's, most of which I discard. There are other PDF
to JPG converters, but this is the only free one that I found which
actually worked.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D