Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen appliances

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:53:04 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:24:28 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:01:17 -0500, "Curt" wrote:

This is like asking, what is a good automobile!

Blue collar worker, looking for dependable....appliances. So looking for
stuff above basic/cheap, maybe in stainless. Have had many brands, not real
impressed with Maytag, so I'll eliminate it.

Need electric stove, fridge, & DW. Got an over the range GE s/s microwave,
which I've been happy with.

What brands would you recommend?

I've always had good luck with Whirlpool and Kenmore and I think
Whirlpool makes some of Kenmore's stuff.

Whirlpool is Kenmore, Roper, Kitchen Aid. Maytag, Amana Jenn Air and
some others.

Kenmore is Sears. Not all are Whirlpool (some we looked at are obviously LG).

There may only be 2 "American" manufacturers these days
(GE being the other one) although neither really make much here.

Though at least one "foreign" manufacturer (Electrolux - also Frigidaire,
Kelvinator, Eureka,...) does manufacture appliances here.