Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

On 24 Nov 2011 15:31:54 GMT, Han wrote:

Nancy Young email@replyto wrote in news:4ece5b8b$0$28478$a8266bb1
:

There is a line on my state's income tax form where you're supposed to
be reporting all of these out-of-state purchases and cough up the sales
tax you owe. I'm pretty sure most people ignore it, besides, that would
be a lot of purchases to keep track of.

I believe most states will adjust that line if there is no evidence to back
up a zero amount. I know NY and NJ would.

How could they possibly adjust the amount on a form and still have a form that
can hold up in a fraud case? You would be requiring people to sign a
fraudulent document.

How do you supply "evidence of a zero amount"? "OK, I have zero evidence of
the actual amount!"

....not that I would put either past those two cesspools.