Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:28:46 -0600, G. Morgan
wrote:

The shopping cart software I use can be configured to add a pre-set
percentage for each STATE, but that is not accurate enough. I drive 5
miles north to Montgomery Co. and there is no METRO tax of 1% like
Harris County. Sales tax by State is easy, by all the little
municipalities, it's not.

I know. The people saying it can be done will come up with all kinds
of computer necessary scenarios, like putting a man on the moon or
walking in outer space. They obviously are nuts. 50 sales tax rates?
No way.