Posted to alt.home.repair
G. Morgan[_9_] G. Morgan[_9_] is offline

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

If you can make a simple spreadsheet, you can do the sales tax thing.

You've obviously not seen the "back-end" of shopping cart software.
There is no provision on any I seen/worked with of that lets you base
tax on the buyers exact location (only State). This is not a simple
implementation from a tech. viewpoint at all. Tax has to calculated in
real-time, not by some guy reading off a spreadsheet.

Plus, how is a one-man operation going to keep up with filing tax
returns in 45+ States? I'm not selling IN their state, just shipping TO
the state.

I'm not going out of my way to collect taxes for other states, not my
responsibility.

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)