Swingman

Default Pinewood Derby 101 - painting a car and getting a smooth finish - need help

"Scott Duncan" wrote in message

individual runs. I'm going to work the pack leaders next year to try to
refine the format so that the fastest car has a better chance of winning.
(does anyone know of any?)

"Refininf the format" is what happens when parents get involved in things
that are better left to the kids.

Should be like a horse race to me. In large futurities, there are ten heats
of ten horses (chosen by a draw), with the winner of each heat running in
the final race. Whoever crosses the finish line first in each race is the
"winner" of that race, elapsed time be damned ... that is the way "racing"
should be.

Anything else is politics, not racing.

--
www.e-woodshop.net