Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Flash Mob Shoplifts at Silver Spring 7-Eleven

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I had a friend get preferential treatment in hiring because his surname
*could* be Hispanic. The fact that he was 100% of Italian descent (though
perhaps that should qualify meant nothing.

I heard of an engineer who changed his name to a Hispanic name so he
could get hired. We are now paying for all that nonsense with our first
and last Affirmative Action President.

There was a rather interesting uproar on the East Coast quite a few
years, IIRC it was in Boston. A person with a Hispanic name sued the
city because he was passed over for promotion in the FD. He said he did
NOT get the extra credit he deserved. The court agreed and made the City
promote this fine, upstanding young Spaniard/American.
"Hispanic, as used in the United States, is one of several terms
used to categorize US citizens, permanent residents and temporary
immigrants, whose background hail either from the Spanish-speaking
countries of Latin America or relating to a Spanish-speaking culture."
BTW this is the only non-race group classified by Census Bureau.