Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Chapman Roger Chapman is offline

Default "Solar meadow"

On 24/11/2011 09:15, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 08:55:46 +0000, Roger Chapman wrote:

I have no idea how comparatively large scale users are charged compared
with domestic customers but 20p a unit seems high to me.

Agreed, I'd expect less than 10p/unit on a commercial tarrif. You can
get that on domestic without too much trouble.

I forgot in my previous post that the FIT for4kWp PV is lower than
43p/21p as well so it makes the sums even worse. Trouble is we don't
know what that "1076 KW" per day really is or how it's been derived.
They certainly won't be off grid unless they have some very
"innovative" way of storeing the daytime production for use at night
or when there is 4/5ths of sod all come from the "solar meadow"...

I took the 1076KW to be the maximum output of the array. The same usage
as we see in the domestic market. I had thought that the Government had
already killed off large scale PV generation but looking at:

http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Sustainabili...ust%202011.pdf

It appears that their FIT in years to come will be 8.5p per unit so on
an annual output of 888,000 units they get £75480 or about half of the
estimated saving. I can't see whether or not they also get an export
tariff which would bring their income up to about £100,000 pa if the
domestic figure is used. Well short of £150,000 but in the same ball
park and given the vagueness of some of my figures quite possible.

--
Roger Chapman