Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default PV System advert.

On Nov 24, 8:17 am, harry wrote:
On Nov 23, 11:29 pm, "Dave Liquorice"

wrote:
On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:44:11 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
mmm my glass conservatory roof gets quite "mouldy" over the year -
will the PV panels?

Exactly so.

Don't PV panels get quite hot in sunshine, hotter than a glass
conservatory roof I would have thought. Maybe too hot for
algae/lichen/moss to survive on for long?

They are running at 7-800volts in strong sunlight, I haven't dared
touch them to find out.
As they are on a bungalow it would not be a great problem to clean
them if they did need it.
Night, torch, water, brush with long handle.

mmm seems trivial but that didn't work easily or brilliantly on my
conservatory roof.....in the daytime...
It's quite well stuck on - has to be to survive weeks of rain and snow
etc etc

Jim K