Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flash Mob Shoplifts at Silver Spring 7-Eleven

On 11/23/2011 5:21 PM, HeyBub wrote:
harry wrote:
On Nov 23, 6:10 pm, "
wrote:
On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:45:36 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
In an ideal world, the customers are also armed. So, the
robbers will be taking fire from several directions.

In a less than ideal world. The robbers are armed, and will
shoot at the store owners. And at the customers.

Byt they're generally chicken-****s and prey on the weak. They do
sometimes get surprised when Granny (or Achmed) is packing but
they'd rather not escalate their next fix to murder-one.

Heigh ho. Back to your Hollywood dreamworld!
The Giffords woman was onTV over here the other day.
No big heroes saved her did they?

No, but there was an armed civilian several hundred feet away. By the time
he sprinted to the scene, the event was over and the shooter was under
control.

The lesson learned is that more of the crowd should have been armed. If such
were the case, they probably could not have prevented the first couple of
shots but could have forstalled the rest.

Of course the crowd was entirely - or at least predominately - made up of
Democrats who do not cotton to private ownership or carrying of firearms.
One more reason to stay away from progressive-sponsored events.

I do believe there was a tragic event there in Texas years ago where a
mass shooting occurred at a restaurant and potential defenders were
following the law at the time and not carrying concealed weapons into
the place. It's been a while since I read about it but a woman who was a
gun owner chose to leave her pistol safely locked in her vehicle out in
the parking lot. I think her parents were killed by the gunman and she
knows darn well she could have stopped it.

TDD