Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax

On Nov 23, 8:00*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article , Peter
wrote:

On 11/23/2011 6:52 AM, G. Morgan wrote:

**** 'em. *I'm in Texas and will only collect tax for Texas. *What a
bunch of convoluted nonsense. *How are online stores supposed to keep up
with all that?

It's called software. *It will be automatic, similar to the way the
on-line web sites calculate shipping costs based on destination zip
code, package weight, and choice of shipping method.

But taxes don't work like that, especially sales taxes. YOu have state
taxes, but many places also have local sales taxes, and often more than
one. There was an area around O'Hare at one point (don't know if it
still exists) where there was state, city, airport authority and some
other entity sales tax.
* * *This is very similar to a vinter I was talking to. He said there
are counties where UPS refuses to accept wine shipments because a person
on one side of the road may be legal and the other side not.

Sorry but I have been working with software for 40 years and it's a no
brainer. Just more excuses.