Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Kitchen appliances

Curt wrote:
This is like asking, what is a good automobile!

Blue collar worker, looking for dependable....appliances. So looking
for stuff above basic/cheap, maybe in stainless. Have had many
brands, not real impressed with Maytag, so I'll eliminate it.

Need electric stove, fridge, & DW. Got an over the range GE s/s
microwave, which I've been happy with.

What brands would you recommend?

Not positive about the brands, but the smooth top electric ranges are to be
avoided according to most prior posts on the subject. Someday (next week,
next year) it will break and you'll just about have to buy a new stove.

My only impression of brands is high-end vs middle. Of the middle-priced
ones, they are virtually interchangeable in function and useful life. Your
choice, therefore, may depend on esthetics rather than dependability.

If you have natural gas available, most cooks prefer it over electric. It's
range of temperatures is vastly superior to that of an electric.