Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default PEX for homebrew .............

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:10:26 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

On Nov 23, 2:59*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
Getting ready to plumb up some stuff, and was wondering if I should use PEX.
Tinker-Toy easy to work with, and reasonably priced.

Have you used it? *Would you recommend it? *How about sanitary-wise? *On
some of my stuff, it will be a gravity feed, so pressure is not an issue,
but PEX works at fairly high operating pressure anyway. *Can even use it for
CO2 manifold.

Thoughts, experiences, opinions appreciated.

Steve.

I think you will be fine using PEX. I do not homebrew, but every water
fixture in my house is connected to PEX...."flexible, resistant to
scale and chlorine, doesn't corrode or develop pinholes...

(There is one type used for Natural gas lines I've seen in recent
years, but not what you need)

I guess the question is, what size?

best thing since sliced bread, use all homeruns off a manifold, cheap
and easy to work with, the copper thieves wouldnt profit from trashing
your home

Bob,

This is for beer making, not a complete house install.