Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Sandvik coromant carbide way scraper

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message
. 3.70...

"Ed Huntress" fired this volley in
:

Ah, if you're like me, you'll know right away. I can barely push the
darned thing when it gets dull.

All but one of mine are made out of old files. The one that isn't is a
Nicholson, which looks exactly like one of their files with no teeth,
but with a flared tip. That one has a thigh brace for pushing it.

Sounds reasonable! I've never attempted a scraping job myself. I probably
will in a while, when I completely re-build the old R2E4... if for nothing
else, just to check how it is.

Lloyd

It's worth trying it, if only to see why you're glad you don't do it for a
living. d8-)

Back in the '70s, I spent parts of several visits to Moore Special Tool Co.
watching their scrapers flattening jig grinder and jig borer tables to +/-
20 millionths, corner-to-corner. Moore guaranteed 50 millionths, but the
scrapers had too much pride to stop there.

They were interesting people. One was an attractive woman about 25 years of
age.

I've only dabbled at it. Scraping, that is, not attractive women... d8-)

--
Ed Huntress