Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default The Green Thing

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 23:42:29 -0500, gfretwell wrote:

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 23:15:32 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

The Green Thing

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the older
woman, that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags
weren't good for the environment.

The woman apologized and explained, "We didn't have this green thing
back in my earlier days."

The clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not
care enough to save our environment for future generations."

I think this "green bag" thing is funny.

I've often wondered the "greenness" of making the things in China - where
environmental concerns don't seem to be particularly high on anyone's
priority list - and then shipping them huge distances to us.

When stores start offering "green" bags that are made within 50 miles of
where I live, I'll start buying them.

cheers

Jules