Posted to rec.woodworking
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Sawstop's suit against Ryobi is upheld

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

That's what I was alluding to in a previous post. It's like trusting the
safety on a gun. Lots of Remmington Model 700 owners can tell you about the
folly of that. Not a doubt in my mind that sooner rather than later, too
much trust placed in this technology will result in a catastrophic event.

While I was taught too well to ever trust the safety on a gun, I still want my
guns to have safeties. Likewise, if I were in the market for a table saw, I'd
be seriously considering a Sawstop. I'm not sure my wife would let me buy
anything else. Our neighbor had to have a finger re-attached.

That said, someone is going to get stupid and get hurt in spite of the
technology. -- Doug