Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default German energy policy

In message , Roger Chapman
writes
On 23/11/2011 11:41, Tim Lamb wrote:
I believe there is a plan afoot to extend the Two tracks South of
Cambridge to four at some stage...

Yes.

I am anticipating interesting times with the disposal of soils arising
from the tunnelling either side of Digswell.

Wikipedia doesn't have any dirt on Digswell so what is the problem with
the ground around Digswell?

Buncefield did cross my mind but that is Hemel Hempstead rather than
Welwyn Garden City.

There is a nice railway viaduct with tunnels either side.

My farm backs on to an abandoned domestic waste site. The owners have
planning to tip 700,000m2 of inert waste if the District and County
Council abrogate the original closure agreement.

I don't see a problem if the waste comes here but there would be a
strong reaction from the villagers.

regards

--
Tim Lamb