Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default GE Paid No Taxes on $14 Billion in Profits

On Nov 22, 10:38*pm, Hawke wrote:

You are a true believer. *No matter what evidence is presented to
you , you do not change your opinions.

As soon as you present compelling evidence that what I say is wrong then
I'll quickly change my tune. But that's the catch. You have to present
"compelling" evidence to get me to change my view. Since my view is
based on facts that means you are going to have a hell of a time proving
me wrong. I'm still waiting to see you to do it even once.

I have done it more than once. But you just say that you really
meant something different from what you said.

I am not going to bother to reply to most of what you said. You are
indeed a true believer, which means you will not accept any compelling
evidence.

One thing we do know is that most corporations are not paying anything
near 35%. The real rate is less than 18%. That data comes from the NY
Times and says.

A comprehensive study released on Thursday found that 280 of the biggest
publicly traded American companies faced federal income tax bills equal to
18.5 percent of their profits during the last three years — little more than
half the official corporate rate of 35 percent and lower than their
competitors
in many industrialized countries.

That's a quote from a NY Times article. So you see, I'm not just blowing
smoke. This is a fact. The real tax rate for most American corporations
is on the low end of the scale compared to other countries. As I've said
before, our companies are lying. They pay low taxes already and
constantly whine their taxes need to be cut. What more do I need to say?
Looks to me like you're the one who never changes his mind despite the
facts proving you wrong.

The New York Times article is about 280 companies. The Wall Street
Journal no longer posts as many stock prices as it used to, but they
still post prices for 1000 corporations. And of course do not post
prices on privately held companies. There are many more companies
than 280. So you are blowing smoke when you then assume that is the
real tax rate for most companies.
So much for your facts.

Like I said, you are a true believer.

Dan