Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default house smoke alarm false warning

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:15:07 -0000, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

I've had shocks within one hand and across my body from one hand to the
other. I guess I don't have a weak heart.

No just fairly dry skin. Please try the same with wet hands, I doubt
you will be able to report back.

I tell you what would be safer though - not earthing so many things.
Imagine this - you touch something live, you get a tingle. Now imagine
you are leaning against an earthed sink, washing machine, etc, etc. Now
you are a circuit. Why did people think an earth was a good idea?

Learn the difference between "equipotential bonding" and "earthing".

--
Cheers
Dave.