Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
anorton anorton is offline

Default Sandvik coromant carbide way scraper

"Ignoramus8003" wrote in message
news
I have a couple of Sandvik Coromant way scrapers, they look like this:

http://yabe.chudov.com/Sandvik-Corom...raper-0578.jpg

The stuff under the red plastic tip is a big carbide insert.

I am trying to decide if I should keep one or sell both. Are they only
useful for high end precision way scraping (which is something that I
probably will never do)? Or do they have some more mundane uses?

If you you drop something on your machine way or table, this is a good tool
to scrape off the raised ding it made.

You might find precision scraping is fun. It is one of those mindless
concentration tasks similar to meditation, only instead of just staring at
your navel, you end up with a beautiful flat surface. If your kids like
making stuff, it might even be something they could do on a small scale.