Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Sandvik coromant carbide way scraper

"Ignoramus8003" wrote in message
news
I have a couple of Sandvik Coromant way scrapers, they look like this:

http://yabe.chudov.com/Sandvik-Corom...raper-0578.jpg

The stuff under the red plastic tip is a big carbide insert.

I am trying to decide if I should keep one or sell both. Are they only
useful for high end precision way scraping (which is something that I
probably will never do)? Or do they have some more mundane uses?

One mundane use would be to mount the ends securely to a block of wood and
keep it on the verandah. It'd do a fine job of cleaning the dog crap from my
boots after a walk in the park.