Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers
jigo[_2_] jigo[_2_] is offline

Default Backup battery for sump pump

Can the backup battery like I use for my computer be used as a backup
for a sump pump? The batteries I saw advertised for sump pumps cost
considerably more plus you had to add acid bought separately. They were
not maintenance free and seem to have a very limited life. The computer
backup battery works fine, is maintenance free, costs less, and has
enough power for my computer, monitor, and modem, with several outlets
to spare. Can I get a battery like this for a sump pump or don't they
have enough power?