Silvan

Default table saw surface

John wrote:

I am looking for recommendations on how to maintain a cast iron table saw
surface. The saw will sit in the garage where dampness is an occasional
problem.

Boeshield and Top Cote come to mind as the Wreck's usual answer to this
question.

I've got a shiny new one myself. I don't have any of the above stuff, so
I'm using Johnson's paste wax on it. I also have a cheap box fan on LO,
pointing directly at it, and running 24/7 to keep the air moving and
discourage condensation.

So far so good, but only time will tell. Good luck to both of our saws.
I'm going to be a sad Silvan if this thing starts to rust.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/