Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default house smoke alarm false warning

John Rumm wrote:

I went up to 100mA slow blow on total house to get rid of nuisance
trips.

I ought to put RCBO's on the 13A rings, esp the ones that go outside..

Round Tuit etc..

Or stick all the outside / outbuilding circuits on their own CU and
with its own (time delayed) RCD (TT Here)

Putting outside circuits on their own CU was really a way of making sure
they could have no influence on the house electrics - even to the point
of not sharing RCD leakage budget.

I'm a tad less rural/farm than you are John :-)

Really, I had visions of you out in the sticks a bit... How long would
it take you to walk to the nearest shop? (probably about 15 mins from here)

similar, but I don't have lossa outbuildings