Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon T[_2_] Simon T[_2_] is offline

Default Central heating won't turn off

"cynic" wrote in message...
Gravity hot water, pumped heating sounds like a "C plan"

No I meant its gravity fed system (ie uses a feed and expansion tank), as
opposed to be a closed system which is connected directly to the mains. Both
the DHW and CH are pumped.

For the hot water to continue heating the hot water valve must be
remaining open.

Both valves were in the closed position when I examined the system, I can
only imagine they were passing slightly if, as my mother said, the rads were
still red hot.

If the system is actually an "S plan" is there a frost stat somewhere
calling for heat possibly by failure or possibly by inadvertent
alteration.

Its an S plan looking at the diagrams posted elsewhere in the thread. Not
aware of a frost stat anywhere on the system.

If you do not have a wiring diagram one should be available on line if
you google.

Will do!

--
Best Wishes