Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default opinions on Sharp fridge-freezers & reliability of frost-freeness

Dunno about that I had a Hitachi from 1985 till about three years ago and it
worked fine till the thermostat and compressor went on the blink. I how have
a Fridgemeaster with no issues, which is frost free, and to be honest at the
price of it, I'll just junk it when it busts.
Question, if they can be made cheap, how come its costly to fix them? I
smell a bit of profiteering.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Adam Funk" wrote in message
Our Bosch fridge-freezer, just over 3 years old, has a failing
frost-free system that a local technician has deemed uneconomical to
repair; he also said that he has a non-frost-free fridge-freezer at
home, because the frost-free gubbins, while usually reliable, are so
outrageously expensive to fix if they go wrong. (A technician in a
shop admitted the same thing to me.) Does anyone want to comment on
this?

One of the models we're looking at on-line is branded Sharp --- I
didn't even know they made that kind of appliance. Does anyone have
an opinion on them?

Also, it's a frost-free model but comes with a 5-year guarantee
included. Subject to what I wrote above, is frost-free worth the risk
with the guarantee?

Thanks,
Adam