Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred W. James Fred W. James is offline

Default What's a better chainsaw file than the Oregon #23727 3/16" (4.8mm) round file?

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:24:35 -0800 (PST), beecrofter wrote:
get in the habit of wiping the
filings out of the file on your pants leg after each tooth.

Interesting that you only get four or five sharpenings per file (that
concurs with my one and only experience, so far). I would have expected
more.

As for wiping the filings, I didn't state it but that's the first thing I
did when I felt it 'dull'. I brushed it with a wire brush. So, "clogged
pores" are not the problem.

My teeth on the file dulled after only a small handful of filings.