Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Repaired Harbor Freight digital caliper

P E Schoen wrote:

I've also had some NiMH AA cells that leaked.

I have the control panel & 'Rabbit Semiconductor' RCM2000 computer
board from an Ineco Basic tubing bender that was damaged by a leaking
3.6 V 80 mAh NiMH battery. That leak cost a local business $700 for a
failed $5 battery. The tool was eight years old. I called them
yesterday and told them to log the date the board was installed, and to
have me replace it in two years as PM. The symptoms were that the
machine started bending the wrong angles, and different angles without
changing the setup. A trace below the battery was eaten by the leaking
chemicals. I'll try to get a good photo before I return it to them. It
might save someone else a wad of cash, or convince a shop owner to let
you check for leaking batteries. The machine was used on a regular
business, a few days per week, so it wasn't caused by long term storage.