Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Light bulb, thy doom is near!

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:36:08 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 05:55:49 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I know the National Resource Defense Council, which helped write
the new law, has stated their interpretation of the law is that these
bulbs can no longer be manufactured. The devil is always in the
details. In this case, it's in how the new law is actually
interpretted
and enforced. I doubt the law says all odd-ball bulbs will still be
available. If you have a reference from the govt that clearly shows
what specific bulbs will still be available f I'd like to see it.

I am sure the light bulb manufacturers helped write the law and this
may be an opportunity for them to cut the number of special bulbs they
have to make. They can just say the government made them do it and eat
****. Buy a new lamp holder..

There's a problem with conspiracy theories; too complicated. When was the
last time you saw a manufacturer who didn't say the equivalent of "buy a new
lamp holder" when they a product was no longer profitable?