Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Editing a pdf file ...

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo , Arfa Daily
escribió:

I used to have a fully registered version of Acrobat, and I'm sure that
allowed you to do it, but I am no longer able to use it, because when I
upgraded my OS to Win 7, it was no longer compatible, and there was no
route
within Adobe, to upgrade an existing installation.

So run your existing version of Acrobat on an XP virtual machine within
Win7. It's called XP Compatability Mode or something like that.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

I actually don't have it any more. It was a fully registered version on a
machine that I bought from an outfit that I did work for, when they packed
it all in. The machine was a properly registered XP Pro one, and all updates
to the Acrobat and OS were done on a regular basis. Then the machine was
'upgraded' to Win 7, and when I came to reinstall the Acrobat, it wouldn't
have any of it. I'm sure I tried to install it under a compatibility mode as
well, but it was having none of it. When I went to the Adobe site, expecting
to be able to download some patch-pack, as it was a registered version, I
discovered that there was no route to upgrading - only buying a new version,
as Jeff has said. I didn't use the creation side of things enough to justify
the expense, so I ended up just letting it go, and downloading the free
Reader 9. The original drive that both the built application, and the
original installation files was on, has since failed, and I don't think that
I now have it anywhere else.

I've actually now managed to do the basic thing that I wanted. I ended up
very carefully zooming the image (that was hard to do precisely, as the zoom
bar wanted to 'snap' in 25% increments and didn't allow actual values to be
typed in) until the bits that I didn't want were off the top and bottom of
the screen, and the bit that I did want was centred. I then did a "print"
and then "current view". Finally, I used the "Tile large sheets" option with
the 'composite view' selected, and then used the print zoom to find the
point where it just jumped up to two pages, and left an even border around
the edge.

When it was printed off and joined, I made my notes by hand, with a
draftsman's fine tip pen, which is good enough for this job. Some jobs are
just too difficult, frustrating and time consuming to do on a computer, and
this, I think, is one of them. Whilst cutting and pasting and manipulating
and juggling images onto sheets, and annotating in pretty bubbles with
perfect text, looks all very pretty and professional, the end result that
I've achieved is just as practical from a repair-use point of view, and took
probably a quarter or less of the time, ignoring of course, the time wasted
on trying to find software that would do it ...

Arfa