Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Akai AD-6300 cassette deck spares

On 11/22/2011 9:55 AM, Franc Zabkar wrote:
I'm about to throw away an Akai AD-6300 cassette deck. If anyone needs
spares, let me know soon.

Here is a photo (not mine):
http://d.imagehost.org/0885/DSC04693.jpg

- Franc Zabkar

**That would be an AIWA, Franc. And, sadly, nothing of any real value in
there. The later, more upmarket models were more interesting, with
meters that have two complete movements in the same housing. That was
about all you could be bothered salvaging.

Nonetheless, thanks for thinking of us.

PS: Kinda reminds me of a situation about 10 years ago, when a Proton CD
player landed on the bench. The only fault was the display. Two months
earlier, I had thrown out the same model machine, due to a faulty and
uneconomical to replace, laser mech. The display was fine. If only I'd
kept it for spares....

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au