Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Is there a third choice?

On Nov 21, 5:07*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

On Nov 20, 9:55 am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:44:02 -0500, Tony Miklos

wrote:

I have strict rules for when my time comes. I want the cheapest funeral
with cremation that money can buy. Loved ones jet so suckered into
spending a small fortune with just the friggen casket. I have pondered
though if I want the cardboard casket or splurge for a pine box.

I'm going for the cardboard. My first idea was to just strap me onto
a wood pallet and set it adrift, but the law enforcement people frown
upon that. Cheap is good, no reason to spend money to get rid of a
body no longer being used.

The whole funeral thing smacks so much of paganism. *Embalming? *WTF
is that all about? *Parade the body through the church, viewing,
annointing, praying over it....shades of the days of the pharoahs!!

The embalming part is to cut down on the stink. *Some of our (Ex) LEO's can
tell you how far too many "check on the welfare" calls turn out. *Imagine
the worst piece of rotten hamburger you've ever smelled. *Multiply by 1000.