Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Fixing a keyless entry remote control

gcotterl wrote:
I have a 2005 Chrevrolet Impala with a keyless entry remote control.

When I tried to replace the battery, the battery clip came off.

On the bottom of the clip, there are 3 soldering points:
One is square and it's below the clip that holds the battery down
On one "arm" of the clip, there's a metal point that looks like it
went into the circuit board.
On the other "arm" of the clip, there was a matching metal point
but that pont is now missing.

How can I re-solder all three points to the circuit board?

Hi,
1. Try to fix it, good luck on those tiny SMT circuit module.
2. Try to find replacement from eBay, Kijiji.
3. Get rid of it and have a long range robust after market
2 way remote with keyless entry, remote start, and even an alarm
system if you will keep the car a few more years.

I had to chuck the OEM remote on my new car and installed 2 way long
range after market one.(Viper brand) It is not impossible to install it
yourself. I did it myself.