Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Tom Del Rosso[_4_] Tom Del Rosso[_4_] is offline

Default 6 bit binary attenuator. - 6 bit attenuator.pdf

John Larkin wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 01:13:54 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

Reverse engineered? No, I just looked at it. I like to open
things up and see what's inside. This is one of my favorites:

http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/SD-24

Beautiful.

Yes. Can you imagine how much engineering and tweaking went into that?
This was before computational deconvolution could be used to clean up
an ugly step response, so both the sampler and the TDR step generator
had to be very, very clean, from DC to 20 GHz. And they are. Every
little ground-to-ground wirebond, every weird little metalized shape,
must be important.

I was especially wondering about the wire bonds between pads that are right
next to each other! What's that for? (Considering that it doesn't look
like they were attached at different points looking for a precise delay or
something.)

zero, and remove the last word.